The following is a list of the 50 essential players and managers who will define the 2019-20 Premier League season:
50. Callum Wilson (Bournemouth) - Can the 27-year-old striker replicate his 14 goal season and lead Bournemouth to a top-10 finish?
49. Pablo Fornals (West Ham) - Can the Spanish playmaker be the focal of Manuel Pellegrini’s attack?
48. Chris Wilder (Sheffield United) - Will the manager continue to innovate his tactics in the Premier League, or adapt to a more pragmatic style?
47. Graham Potter (Brighton) - What tactical adjustments will the up-and-coming English manager unveil to keep the club competitive?
46. Raul Jimenez (Wolves) - Can the striker improve upon his goal-scoring form from last season in England and in Europe?
45. Moise Kean (Everton) - Can the 19-year-old attacker elevate Everton into Europe?
44. Ralph Hasenhuttl (Southampton) - Can the manager continue to develop his pressing approach with a full preseason?
43. Daniel Farke (Norwich City) - Can the 42-year-old be the latest German manager to adapt a pressing style England?
42. Abdoulaye Doucoure (Watford) - Can the French midfielder continue to hold together Watford’s midfield amid transfer rumors?
41. Billy Sharp (Sheffield United) - Can the 33-year-old striker replicate his Championship goal-scoring form in the Premier League?
40. Ayoze Perez (Leicester City) - Can the attacker justify his transfer fee and unlock Brendan Rodgers’ attack?
39. Sean Dyche (Burnley) - What wrinkles will he unveil to his defensive system without the distraction of European football?
38. Ismaila Sarr (Watford) - Can the club record signing elevate Watford’s attack into a European place?
37. Ederson (Manchester City) - How will the keeper take advantage of new goal-kick rules to add to his passing repertoire?
36. Alisson (Liverpool) - Will the 26-year-old cement his place as the best goalkeeper in the world?
35. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester City) - Can the 46-year-old manager take the club to a European place?
34. Marco Silva (Everton) - Can the Portuguese manager shape his new attacking options into a cohesive side contending for Europe?
33. Javi Gracia (Watford) - Can the Spanish manager overachieve in his second season with the club?
32. Youri Tielemans (Leicester City) - Will the 22-year-old live up to his potential under Brendan Rodgers?
31. Eddie Howe (Bournemouth) - What wrinkles will the English manager unveil to continue outperforming his side’s budget?
30. Nuno (Wolves) - How will he continue to elevate his side with the added pressure of the Europa League?
29. Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) - How will this summer’s transfer rumors affect his form?
28. Kieran Tierney (Arsenal) - Can the 22-year-old left back open up Arsenal’s attack with his wingplay?
27. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Manchester United) - Can the manager find a robust backline combination to bring United back to the Champions League?
26. Unai Emery (Arsenal) - How will the Spanish manager incorporate his new attacking signings to challenge for a Champions League position?
25. Wesley Moraes (Aston Villa) - Can the most expensive transfer in club history score enough goals to keep his side from relegation?
24. Rodri (Manchester City) - Can the midfielder adapt his passing ability to the Premier League and take Manchester City to an even higher level?
23. Christian Pulisic (Chelsea) - How much of Eden Hazard’s production can the 20-year-old replicate?
22. Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Manchester United) - Can the 21-year-old signing live up to expectations and provide assists from the right wing?
21. Emi Buendia (Norwich City) - Will the 22-year-old be this season’s breakout player?
20. Joelinton (Newcastle) - Can the club record signing carry Newcastle’s attack into mid-table?
19. Che Adams (Southampton) - Can the 22-year-old striker lead Southampton’s press with and without the ball?
18. Dani Ceballos (Arsenal) - Can the 23-year-old midfielder regain his club form and link together Arsenal’s attack?
17. Sebastian Haller - Can the French striker replicate his Bundesliga form and reach his potential in England?
16. Ruben Neves (Wolves) - Can the 22-year-old midfielder continue to develop into one of the best deep-lying midfielders in England?
15. Giovani Lo Celso (Tottenham) - Is the 23-year-old Argentine ready to take over as Tottenham’s creative playmaker?
14. Frank Lampard (Chelsea) - Can he replicate his playing success as manager in the face of a transfer ban?
13. David Luiz (Arsenal) - Can he be the missing link in solidifying Arsenal’s backline?
12. Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) - Can the Belgium midfielder stay healthy for an entire season?
11. Richarlison (Everton) - Can the 22-year-old build off the momentum of his Copa America performances and become one of the best attackers in England?
10. Tanguy Ndombele (Tottenham) - Can the club record signing replace Moussa Dembele’s control in midfield?
9. Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool) - Can he anchor Liverpool’s defense to a Premier League title?
8. Harry Maguire (Manchester United) - How will he live up to the pressure as the world’s most expensive defender?
7. Nicolas Pepe (Arsenal) - Can the club record signing carry Arsenal’s attack to a Champions League place?
6. Harry Kane (Tottenham) - Can the striker stay healthy and once again top 30 goals this season?
5. Mo Salah (Liverpool) - Can the 27-year-old striker carry Liverpool’s attack to a Premier League title?
4. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) - Can the 31-year-old striker continue to score goals and cement his Premier League legacy?
3. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City) - Will he be the best player in the Premier League next season?
2. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) - What new wrinkles will he discover to continue to elevate Manchester City’s playing style?
1. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) - Can he lead Liverpool to their first Premier League title in 30 years?